In the advent of Namibia's independence Solar Age has been founded in March 1989. Making Namibia more independent of imported fuel supplies and bringing modern energy services to the remote areas of this vast country has been the driving idea behind the foundation of the company. Conrad Roedern, an Electrical Engineer from Germany knew about the abundant potential of alternative energy resources and saw the need to utilise them.
From ""day one"" the company focused on development, design and sales of high-tech Solar Energy Solutions adapted to the various rural, urban, institutional, governmental & commercial customers.
To provide optimised solutions and ensure high quality products, Solar Age Namibia is liaising with, and exchanging information on an ongoing basis with research institutions, governmental & non-governmental institutions and other stakeholders in the alternative energy industry.
From "day one" the company has steadily grown. Today there is a trained team of twelve very dedicated and qualified people representing all cultures of the Namibian Society. The affairs at Solar Age are run by a management team, consisting of Helvi Ileka, Marco Simoni and Conrad Roedern.
The Company's Commitment
The Company's adopted policy is to:
- Contribute to the Development of Namibia;
- Alleviate the plight of fuel imports to Namibia;
- Help avoiding climate change by using safe and abundant local resources;
- Interact with various stakeholders for a sustainable energy path;
- Provide optimized technical Solar Energy solutions to satisfy the various clients;
- Provide financially affordable Solar Energy solutions to suit the clients pocket;
- Promote sustainable, renewable, alternative energy sources to protect people and environment;
- Offer training and employment to previously disadvantaged people;
- Uphold a high technical standard by integrating newest findings of research institutes and related institutions into Renewable Energy Solutions offered to clients;
- Actively engage in institutions promoting sustainable alternative energy and the protection of the environment to the benefit of the people; and
- Participate in awareness campaigns informing the population about energy-& environmental issues.