Youth Alive! Kenya (YAK) is an independent national NGO committed to the empowerment of young people in Kenya to take active responsibility for their lives to shape their destiny. We espouse the following values:
• We believe that the rights of young people are human rights;
• We believe in the ability of young people to make informed decisions and take charge of the consequences of their decisions;
• We value the uniqueness of young people with respect to their needs, access to and control of resources;
• We respect and appreciate diversity in all its forms;
• We believe in meaningful participation and inclusion;
• We value integrity, honesty and accountability;
• We value the unique insights, understanding and capabilities that reside within communities.