Monda is a member of Kenya Federation of Alternative Trade (K.E.F.A.T), Confederation of Fair Trade in Africa (C.O.F.T.A) and a provisional member of the World Fair Trade Organization (W.F.T.O/I.F.A.T).
History of the Organization:
It started in Ghana in 1997 as Gallery Monda designing, producing, retailing and export of high end art both locally and to the U.S.A, Germany, Holland, the U.K, etc. The company has attended several local and international Trade shows. In 2005, Monda African Art was established in Nairobi, Kenya as a limited liability company. The company has participated in various trade shows and workshops including;
• 1997- 2005 -Various exhibitions and trade shows in Accra, Ghana.
• 1999- CHIBI + CART/CBI trade show, Milan, Italy.
• 2000, 2002, 2004- Pias Towers & Daiho Gallery, Osaka, Japan.
• 2000- Africa Centrum, Maastricht, the Netherlands.
• 2003- UNION Locks Ltd, Japan
• 2004- Alliance Franchise, Accra, Ghana.
• 2006- SOURCES, L.A. Gift Show, USA.
• 2006- Various exhibitions and trade shows in Nairobi, Kenya.
• 2008- Birmingham Spring Fair, U.K.
• 2009- Berlin Import Fair, Ambiente Trade Fair, Germany.
The company is managed by a competent and experienced partnership of talented and creative people.
To create, develop and produce high-end top quality home décor and handicrafts that are highly competitive both in the local and international markets; using sustainable and environmentally-friendly materials.
To be the foremost creators and producers of high-end crafts in Kenya. To have the most exclusive, customized and mass market products.
The use of recycled and environmentally-friendly materials.
Top quality products.
Fair prices and good work environment for artisans and workers.
Our Current Social Objectives
* The creation of sustainable jobs especially for women from marginalized and disadvantaged groups; by paying fair wages and a decent work environment for artisans and workers.
* To provide customer satisfaction by always giving top quality, fair priced home decorative articles and jewelry.
* Respecting the environment by using recycled and environmentally-friendly materials for product and packaging.