Kisumu Innovation Centre Kenya (KICK Trading Ltd) Trading opened its doors in February 2005 to provide marketing services to the artisans living around Kisumu on the Lake Victoria shores. We strive to ensure that artisans earn a decent wage by producing quality and innovative products made from recycled (and mostly waste) material.
Some of our products include: Baskets woven using water hyacinth, beautiful hand crafted cards made from recycled copper wire and food tin cans, furniture woven from papyrus and water hyacinth and other obnoxious lake weeds, wrought iron fabricated designs for home décor just to mention a few. We are also dedicated in providing training opportunities to the youth by assisting them make career changing decisions when involved with some of our projects.
Our Main Objectives
· To be a profitable and professionally managed company trading in crafts and food products
· To be a leading marketer and exporter of crafts and food products in Western Kenya
· To provide market access to craft and food producers in Kenya to global markets on fair trade terms
· To contribute towards the creation of employment and income generation opportunities for Kenyan craft and food producers
· To promote fair trade values and products in working with disadvantaged.