Jipe Moyo is an eco-tourism camp and vocational training school. The camp is run by the community with some help from professionals and all income is re-invested in the project, therefore please do not expect a 5 star safari camp experience for another few years as the camp matures! Expect this:
- Stay in the Tsavo national park, one of the largest in Kenya. 15 minutes away is the park's official gate where you will be able to buy tickets.
- Experience some wildlife viewing from your tent. There are elephants passing by, monkeys, buffalos, and a leopard is known to pass by everyday at sunset!
- Security: there are 2 guards posted 24/7 at a safe distance from the tents
- Peace and quitness. Your only neighbors are palmtrees, and the nearest village is 5 minutes away. Mtito Andei is 15 mns away, with access to enthnic food and entertainment.
- Direct contact with the community. The Kamba community is authentic. You will be greeted by Chairman Leva and his family, which will invite you to milk tea and explain to you the area, the culture, the challenges.
- Stay in high quality tents, no luxury, but fonctionality. These tents were built on a platform, away from the ground, with new and state of the art materials.
- Warm water, led lights, in-tent toilets and shower.
- Ecologically sound facility with well arranged waste management and emergy supply (solar)