MAWS is a registered non-profit charity that focuses on promoting the health and welfare of domestic animals to protect people and wildlife from rabies and other zoonotic diseases.
Our primary objectives are to:
* Provide subsidised veterinary services to domestic animals belonging to indigent people in Maun and northern Botswana
* Encourage responsible animal ownership through education as a critical component of dog and cat population management
* Provide clinical services and an emergency call-out facility for sick, injured and stray domestic animals and livestock
* Sterilise and vaccinate dogs and cats to maintain a stable population and reduce the risk to human health and wildlife populations
* Liaise with government and private vets to improve the health and welfare of domestic animals and livestock across Botswana