Zimbabwe Youth in Tourism is a non-profit organization of more than 500 associations' youth in tourism and environmental industry in Zimbabwe. Organizes and encourages all activities that can increase the knowledge, understanding and appreciation of nature and the awareness of tourism and environmental, problems among young people. We also promote tourism and environmental ethics. It is dedicated to improving the quality of life of young people by facilitating their participation in the development and promoting their full involvement in all matters pertaining to the environment and sustainable development ZYIT is the largest organization which registers with Z.Y.C and Z.T.A to coordinate, supervise and foster activities of National Youth in Tourism association and club who are in the environment and tourism sector composed of youth below the age of 35. To safeguard of our natural heritage, investment opportunities for the youths in tourism among other business sector in Zimbabwe.
ZYIT serves as an ongoing high level policy dialogue facilitator working with the government through relevant ministries, various authorities in Zimbabwe and its members develop business for the youths thereby bringing the economic and social gap between the junior and senior citizens in Zimbabwe. Unlike other organizations that only advocate for youth empowerment, ZYIT goes further to encourage the youth to plough back to their communities by hosting and organizing those in HIV and AIDS awareness, prevention and also environmental protection campaigns.
Z.Y.T FOCUS AREAS
Village tourism, township tourism, medical tourism, cultural tourism, sport tourism,, educational tourism, adventure tourism, heritage tourism, eco-tourism, wildlife tourism, cycling tourism, agricultural tourism, manufacturing tourism and mining tourism.
WORKING ON WASTE
- Advocating youth About effects of Climate Change and mitigation and adaptation measures
- Climate Change complaining awareness
- To encourage young people to become personally aware of their responsibilities regarding climate change.
- To identify young entrepreneurs with sustainable climate change mitigative and adaptive businesses.
- To highlight case studies of young entrepreneurs that are operating business which mitigate against climate change and which can serve specific field
- Create mechanisms for the protection of environmental quality.
- Create sustainable livelihoods though recycling of waste (waste collection and minimization).
- Rehabilitation of polluted areas.
- Capacity building programme for youth to develop integrated waste management plan.
- Support use of envro-friendly waste disposal technology. Sustainable Land Based livelihoods
- Clearing of alien vegetation.
- Rehabilitation and re-vegetation of landscapes.
- Creation of livelihood opportunities through the sustainable utilization of natural and cultural heritage