We are a non-partisan, non-profit, volunteer group of concerned scientists, conservationists and citizens set up in response to the continued deterioration of Zimbabwe's rich wildlife and environmental heritage.
Mission: To establish a birds-eye view of the environmental changes in Zimbabwe since the year 2000, to investigate their causes and to lobby authorities and donors to take appropriate measures to curb further environmental degradation.
* Slowly compiling news stories, academic papers, reports and opinions from about what has been happening to Zimbabwean wildlife and habitats over the last 4 years. These will be made freely accessible on the Internet. The reports will be compiled by an editor and emailed to all interested parties on a monthly basis.
* All incoming material will be synthesized in a one-page report to be released every two months.
* Eminent conservationists and scientists will be invited to write periodic opinion pieces on any relevant topic that they choose in order to stimulate debate on the email list.
* Hopefully, participation will increase to include people from many different sectors.
* We appreciate that considering the scale of the human tragedy in Zimbabwe, these issues may seem insignificant, but hopefully this group will get people to start thinking about conservation again and this may lead to progress whatever that might be.