The Mission of Lupembe Farmers Co-operative Joint Enterprises Limited is that of being a grower and exporter of high quality tea and a source of support and advice to small-holders tea growers in Lupembe Division.
The main objective of LFCJEL is to grow tea and mobilize and advise rural persons in Lupembe Division to grow tea as a cash crop, and to participate in all endeavours of the country aimed at facilitating the development of the tea industry as a source of the country's foreign exchange earnings.
Lupembe Farmers Co-operative Joint Enterprises Limited, is a joint enterprise of nine (9) Co-operative Societies namely:-
1. Lupembe Co-operative Society
2. Ikami Co-operative Society
3. Isoliwanya Co-operative Society
4. Matembwe Co-operative Society
5. Unico Co-operative Society
6. Kidegembye Co-operative Society
7. Lwafi Co-operative Society
8. Minga Co-operative Society
9. Image Co-operative Society.
With a total of 5,335 tea-farmers spread throughout the Lupembe Division are members of the LFCJEL by virtue of being members of the nine primary co-operative societies.