Djuma Game Reserve maximises the preservation of our environment by practicing responsible management techniques that protect and enhance the environment for future generations Detailed description of the Caring for the Destination Initiative: Djuma Game Reserve is committed in taking action:
- To achieve sound environmental practices across our entire operation
- To comply fully with all environmental legislation and Codes of Conduct
- To minimise our waste and to reduce, reuse and recycle the resources consumed by our business wherever practical
- To reduce our pollution to a minimum and where necessary treat effluents
- To invite our guests, suppliers and contractors to participate in our efforts to protect the environment
- Where we can, to work with others in the tourism industry, in public agencies and the community to achieve wider environmental goals
- To provide all employees with the training and resources required to meet our objectives - To openly communicate our policies and practices to interested parties
- To monitor and record our environmental impacts on a regular basis and compare our performance with our policies, objectives and targets.
Management and supervisory staff are responsible for the implementation of the policy and must ensure that environmental issues are given adequate consideration - with due regard to the process of continuous improvements, planning and day-to-day supervision of all work. Djuma will take all practical steps to ensure that potential hazards, risks and pollution to the environment are identified and that suitable and effective preventative and control measures are implemented. All employees will be provided with the necessary resources, equipment, information, instruction and training to fulfil the requirements of this policy. All employees and sub-contractors are expected to co-operate and assist in the implementation of this policy, whilst ensuring that their own activities, so far as is reasonably practical, are conducted without risk to themselves, others or the environment. This includes co-operating with management on any environment related matter.
Djuma will insure that its environmental policy, activities and its operational procedures comply with relevant and specific local conditions as may be applicable. Djuma will fully comply with the duties placed upon it within the requirements of Statutory Legislation, whilst at all times complying with, as a matter of best practice, the requirements and duties set out within guidelines as issued by the Heritage Environment Programme and other organisations. The Directors have overall responsibility for all Environmental matters. The operation of this policy and the associated procedures will be monitored and reviewed on a regular basis to ensure that they remain current and applicable to the company's activities. The Board of Directors who gives their full support to the implementation of the policy has endorsed this policy.
Environmental Goods or Services
Primary Country Where Active:
Location (Town, City, District or Region)
Postal Address (Main Contact)
Mildred Morale P. O. Box 338 Hluvukani 1363 Mpumalanga South Africa