ECO FRIENDLY WE HAVE AT LEAST TEN POSITIVE POINTS WHICH WE ADHERE TO:
1. Recycle of all organics (kitchen waste/food/paper/coffee granules/egg shells/egg baskets etc etc etc) : RECYCLE TO OUR OWN WORM FARM FOR ORGANIC COMPOST AND COMPOST TEA.
2. Recycle all garden waste (cut lawn, leaves, weeds) and mix with the organics going to the worms.
3. Replaced all light bulbs with low power energy saving bulbs and all outside lights working on time switches.
4. All geyser for the hot water systems are put off at night and during the day.
5. Due to water shortages : All showers have a water bin for the collecting of water whilst in shower, and re use on certain garden areas.
6. All rain water are collected in tanks situated at strategic places around the lodge for water saving/usage in and around the garden areas.
7. All washing being done on the lowest and most economical settings on the washing machines.
8. All dishes being washed in water saving containers and rinse water are re use on certain garden areas.
9. Thonzi-stickers (Save water) are placed in all bathrooms and showers to make visitors aware of saving
10. Recycle all glass, paper, plastics by taking it to the bins provided in the village or at Port Elizabeth for recycling.