AYISE is a registered non-governmental, non-profit making, apolitical and non-religious organisation based in the Southern Region of Malawi in the township of Bangwe, Blantyre. AYISE is also a voluntary membership organisation.
As an expression of the Bantu languages, AYISE also means 'friend'.
- Reduce the spread of HIV/AIDS and the mitigation of its impact
- Promote human rights and democratic principles
- Facilitate youth participation
- Rehabilitate, conserve and protect the environment
- Talent promotion and career guidance
- Peace building and conflict prevention
- Promotion of volunteering, local philanthropy and youth exchanges in community development and eradication of poverty.
- Promotion of livelihood security among the poor and vulnerable communities with a focus on children.
The above objectives contribute towards AYISE's mission, which is to encourage and enable Malawian youth to contribute positively to the social, economic and political development of their country.
AYISE exists to serve the communities of Malawi, with an emphasis towards tackling the challenges facing the young people through promotion and protection of human rights and democracy, livelihood security, Environment and natural resources management and the alleviation of poverty and vulnerability , HIV and AIDS and general life conditions of Malawian communities.
AYISE's vision is a vibrant Malawian society free from chronic poverty, where human rights are respected and enjoyed by all, citizens are healthy, hardworking, self-reliant, peaceful, environmentally conscious and able to contribute towards national development.